Life gets busy.
My blog gets quiet.
It's just the way it is.
Sometimes it's because I don't have anything to write.
Sometimes I have stuff to write, but don't have a beautiful picture to go with it.
One of these days, I'm going to learn how to take beautiful pictures.
For now, I will rely on insta.gr@m.
Things around here are going good.
We are chugging along with life.
We are still waiting to see what God has in store
for our little M.
We're praying that his adoption will be finalized and soon.
He desperately needs permanency.
His whole life has been one transition after another.
Four 1/2 years of displacement.
Can you imagine?
The monthly visits from CPS cause a visible emotional change in him
for a couple of days.
I desperately want to look him in the eye and use the word "forever."
What a great day that will be!!
I don't know when that will be, but I am looking forward to it
and praying for God's protection of our little guy's future.

Reese has been growing up so much lately.
Four years old.
Her fifth birthday is approaching in a couple of months...
Every milestone in her life reminds me of her story and what might have been.
Would she have lived to have a fifth birthday?
And, if so, what kind of life would that be?
I get physically nauseous when I think about her story
because I can't think about this part of her story without seeing faces.
Faces of all of the orphans we left behind.
I'm so thankful that we said "yes" when God called us to adopt Reese.
That she lives to have a fifth birthday.
That she has a mommy to tell her she's a beautiful creation of God.
That she has siblings who cry if they don't kiss and hug her before she leaves for school.
That she has a daddy who would die to protect her.
But, what about all the other faces we left behind.
Where is their justice?
Where are their forever families?
Who tells them they are beautiful?
Who cries when they go off to school?
Lord, may I never forget those faces.
It's by remembering those faces that I remember the things that matter. All for Jesus. All for His Glory.

No comments:
Post a Comment