Our Story: Continued

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Waiting....

Several weeks ago, a cyst-like bump showed up on Darah's hand out of nowhere. One thing led to another and we ended up needing to have an MRI done to try to figure out what this thing is and to recheck wonky bloodwork she had recently.  We continue to wait for the MRI and bloodwork results.  Thankfully, though, I have my baby sister's engagement party tonight to focus on all day, so I don't have to think about the MRI.  I am soooooo excited for her and  super excited for me, because this will be my first time to get to be sister-of-the-bride.  And, everything is about me, you know.  ;)

I do really believe that everything will be benign and fine!  But I am having to remind myself often of this.  There's a father in the Bible that I often relate to in moments like this who says "I do believe! Help me overcome my unbelief!!" (Mark 9:24).  Ha! It sounds illogical until you experience it.  Then it makes complete sense! I am asking for people to pray with us for good news and for quick results.  The humor of the timing of my previous post about counting it all joy is not lost on me.  ;)

Here are some of my most favorite verses to meditate on when fear and worry creep in.  I hope they encourage you if you are battling worry::
  •  Matthew 6:25-27  “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
  • Philippians 4:6-7  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
  • John 14:27 Peace I leave with you;my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
  • Psalm 121:1-2  I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
  • Isaiah 43:1-3  But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob,  he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you;  I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;  and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment